Thursday, September 6, 2007

Just for safety's sake

Tuesday's and Thursday's are long days for me. Also, for some reason, I get stomach pains on these particular evenings. My last class lets out at 8:20. Cleaning up ink in Printmaking is a bitch like no other. Usually, I high-tail it to my car with a whistle in one hand, phone in the other, just for safety's sake.

Tonight, however, a particularly fun event took place at the sculpture studio. A bonfire, hamburgers, and corn (yeah, corn). I decide to walk briskly to the studio, whistle in one hand, phone in the other, just for safety's sake.

Down at the sculpture studio, there is a large bonfire, and off to the side what appears to be a flamming bird. Strange to say the least. This guy, Shawn, tells me I can have a hamburger, but he's eaten the last bun. Then, he continues to talk about the difference between the languages of Chinese and Japanese. Suddenly, two girls get up, and begin to throw fire. That's right, throw it. They had in each hand chains with flamming balls at the end, and were swinging them around. It was quite enchanting. Some others joined in with bongos and drums while the swinging flames mesmerized the audience. I felt like I should have had my acoustic, and someone should be passing around a joint. After the fire show, I high-tailed it to my car, whistle in one hand, phone in the other, just for safety's sake.

I arrive home. Laura isn't here. The house is dark. I walk to the door, whistle in one hand, phone in the other, just for safety's sake.

God my stomach hurts. I took a shower with Dehilah playing on my American Idol microphone. She annoys me. I don't find her voice soothing at all. It's patronizing and fake. I listened to a really good song by Phil Collins. I love him. Afterward, a swig of Pepto-Bismol has landed me infront of the T.V. watching the ARTS channel. Maybe I'll just fall asleep here tonight, whistle in one hand, phone in the other, just for safety's sake.

No comments: