Thursday, September 13, 2007

Toxic Euphoria: The Power of Cher

It is a Thursday afternoon in Columbus, GA. I'm sitting at the school in the Davidson Student Center, and needless to say, I'm thoroughly bored.
Of course there are things I could go off and do to amuse myself, but I've done them all too many times, and the repetitiveness of my day to day routine is slowly destroying what's left of my shriveled soul.
Enter Cher.
The SGA Secretary overheard me telling Andre how I felt about Cher...the deep affection that I hold for her moving voice, the way her upbeat rhythms give me hope, and how without her, I may not be half the man I am this very day. Then the secretary, Emily, in all of her infinite wisdom and kindness, not only put Believe on....but she had the music video playing for all to enjoy.
I walked over to the window so no one could see evidence of the sudden surge of emotions I just experienced, and stared out with a smile and the footprints of tears across my cheeks. Today, I thought, might not be so bad after all...

1 comment:

Izzy said...

i am upset with this blog. it started out strong...now no one writes. how am i supposed to spread the word about this brilliant blog...when there's no one writing?